Our July was packed with excitement! We had Michael's mom come to town and we had so much fun touring our own area. Apart from our trip to Wenatchee for Ben's birthday we also visited the aquarium where Ben discovered Nemo. As he had never seen Finding Nemo I was rather surprised when he started calling the clown fish Nemo until I realized that there were about two or three other kids around him who obviously had seen Finding Nemo. Besides Nemo his favorite fish was the "back fish" (black fish).
He also really enjoyed the little lookout area on the top floor. He and Nana got to look down and see what we were all up to.
After the aquarium we went to Pike Place Market where the fish fly and there are wonderful treats around every corner. Of course Ben had to test one.
We also visited Whidbey Island and Ben and Nana got their first ferry ride. We went to Fort Casey and saw some lovely large guns as well as a beautiful lighthouse. Then is was off toward Deception Pass and the ocean. It is such a pretty place and one we will have to visit again when Michael can come with us.
It was also Ben's first time seeing the ocean.
But quite possibly the favorite part of the trip... for Ben, was seeing Thomas (the tank engine). We decided to splurge and take him for a ride on a life-size Thomas. Although at first he wasn't too sure what to think (or maybe he was just so overwhelmed by excitement he didn't know how to show it) he was sad when it was time to leave.
One of our favorite parts of her visit was the day she took this picture of Ben.
We loved having Nana visit us here in Seattle and hope she will come back soon!

Looks so fun! I'm so glad you sent me your blog address! I love reading about what you are up to. Congrats on the little girl you will be welcoming to your family! So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I love reading your blog too, you guys are always up to something interesting. Way to go on the new business, it sounds like things are going well!
DeleteWoo-hoo! I was wondering if you were expecting. You had made some comments that sounded like you might be... YAY!
ReplyDeletePS We should go to a park next week.
I will have to think about that one, I was trying to be rather careful... Oh, and yes we should go to the park!
Delete